Field Types

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I have custom entity that I cannot get to work when I click on "FillLatLong"..... nothing happens. I have double checked my entries.  I am able to get it to work under Account. I wonder if it is a problem with using an Option Set instead of Text field type. Do you know if that can be the issue?

Thanks for such a neat program.

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2012 at 9:34 AM

It could be because of Option set but could you please provide more about the fields that you're using to use for address finder.

Also, please try without optionset and let me know your findings. It could be a bug in that case.

Thanks,

Atul

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hi Atul,

I changed by entities to plain text fields, and I still can't get it to show a map or pull lat/long. Here is how I have things in the entityAddressFields.xml. Am I missing something?

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<entities> -<entity name="account"> <city name="address1_city"/> <state name="address1_stateorprovince"/> <country name="address1_country"/> <postalcode name="address1_postalcode"/> <latitude name="address1_latitude"/> <longitude name="address1_longitude"/> </entity> -<entity name="contact"> <city name="address1_city"/> <state name="address1_stateorprovince"/> <country name="address1_country"/> <postalcode name="address1_postalcode"/> <latitude name="address1_latitude"/> <longitude name="address1_longitude"/> </entity> -<entity name="new_damagereport"> <city name="new_incidentcity2"/> <state name="new_incidentstate2"/> <country name="new_incidentcountry2"/> <postalcode name="new_incidentzippostalcode2"/> <latitude name="new_incidentlatitude"/> <longitude name="new_incidentlongitude"/> </entity> </entities>

Are you available for personal assistance?

Clint

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Could you add 'debug' parameter in Web resource properties dialog and share the errors that it is notifying in form of alerts(on rendering dashboard). That will help to understand the issue more clearly.

Thanks,

Atul

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hi Atul,

I’m sorry, but I have pretty limited knowledge of what I’m doing. Can you give me more specific instructions? I apologize that I may be taking up a lot of your time and effort. I am willing to compensate you for it.

Clint

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 12:18 AM
To: clint.kalfell@montana811.org
Subject: Re: Field Types [mapsforcrm2011:396328]

Could you add 'debug' parameter in Web resource properties dialog and share the errors that it is notifying in form of alerts(on rendering dashboard). That will help to understand the issue more clearly.

Thanks,

Atul

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I forgot to attach an error message I get every once in a while. I can’t tell if it is related to what we are doing, or if it is something else.

Clint

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:22 AM
To: mapsforcrm2011@discussions.codeplex.com
Subject: RE: Field Types [mapsforcrm2011:396328]

Hi Atul,

I’m sorry, but I have pretty limited knowledge of what I’m doing. Can you give me more specific instructions? I apologize that I may be taking up a lot of your time and effort. I am willing to compensate you for it.

Clint

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 12:18 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Field Types [mapsforcrm2011:396328]

Thanks,

Atul