Issue with Big Map

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I am having an issue and i just want to confirm that this is the way is supost to work or I have something wrong

I have the map function working on the account and a custom entity. Have removed the contact part. I am able to see pins for those place for both entities in a dashboard. But here is the problem if I select either entity in the drop down box it refreshes the map but loaded the pins for both entities.

Also if i enter a search parameter it work fine for that entity but show the other other entity unfiltered.

Also the list in the lower right doesnt seem to alway switch between the two entities.

I am receiving no errors when access the map.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Actually this is how it is supposed to work :)

Think about dropdown a way to narrow down the default view of data.

Workaround solution: If you want to avoid showing other entity records, just apply some random filter so that records for that entity doesn't appear.

Or you can have two of these bing map controls rendering against different configuration files(different entities in your case). You can do it by puting the xml file name in the web resource properties dialog.

Add Html web resource in a similar way as done for OOB dashboard, but in Web Resource properties dialog, put name of different xml file. You will need to create xml file similar to new_BingMapConfig.xml.

Let me know if you need more clarity about above points.

Thanks!

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Sorry I am not a developer. But have been tasked with customizing CRM. So I am really learning as I go. If you can clarify a little bit as to how I would create the new web resource an where do I go to change the XML it is using.

I can create the new XML file just fine. The part I can’t seem to find is where you would change the XML file you call for.

Thanks

Ken Barr

Network Administrator, Encore Business Solutions Inc.

888.898.4330 ext 328 |www.encorebusiness.com

Sent: July-09-12 5:03 AM
To: Ken Barr
Subject: Re: Issue with Big Map [mapsforcrm2011:361990]

Actually this is how it is supposed to work :)

Think about dropdown a way to narrow down the default view of data.

Workaround solution: If you want to avoid showing other entity records, just apply some random filter so that records for that entity doesn't appear.

Or you can have two of these bing map controls rendering against different configuration files(different entities in your case). You can do it by puting the xml file name in the web resource properties dialog.

Add Html web resource in a similar way as done for OOB dashboard, but in Web Resource properties dialog, put name of different xml file. You will need to create xml file similar to new_BingMapConfig.xml.

Let me know if you need more clarity about above points.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM

To start with, read about web resources here and then check-out the web resources added by installing this solution.

You will then just need to create a similar new web resource as "new_BingMapConfig.xml".

Thanks!