Different pin colors for different account types

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM

This is a great tool that you have developed -

I am trying to display different color pushpins for different account relationships - ie - blue for customers, green for partners

So far I have tried different ways of modifying the xml including adding a second entity that is the account entity but under a different name. 

Each entity has different fetchxml - retrieving recods based upon customer type.

I can see in the dropdown list Customers and Partners, but in the mapview, I see all of the records (customers, partners) as blue pushpins.  In the display box in the lower right corner every account is listed as a Customer even if they are a partner.

Can you give me any advice on displaying records from the same entity as different color pushpins?

Regards

Brian

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. I've added "Updated XAP file", under the downloads which provides this capability. Please update the "BingMapBrowser_SL" Web resource with this XAP file. Let me know if you still face any issues. If it works fine for you, I'll update the solution package.

Thanks,

Atul

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Excellent - That worked for me.

Regards

Brian

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM

This is an excellent tool. I am not sure if my question applies to this forum but I am trying to have different types of Accounts based on the category or stage. Each type or stage of account would be in different colors.

I initially tried to add an "account" entities for each of these types. In this way I assumed i could set different color for each type or stage. Is this right way to configure the xml but it is not working.

Any suggestion how i can achieve my requirement? Or can you explain me a little more how you configure your xml for your account relationship with different colors?

Thanks,

Jose

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I got it worked. I think i was closed. I added another account entity for each type but used a different alias or displayname. This is a cool tool!

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Can you post your XML?

thanks,
Correna