Feedbacks for further enhancements

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:48 AM

I can imagine lot of further extensibility/improvement of this app. How about you? File any suggestions/feedbacks here.

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM

We are using this solution and absolutely love it.  Dead simple to use and show multiple data points on a map.

One thing that we would like to do is create different maps for different business units within the company.  I may start playing with the solution to try to accomplish this, and beleive that it would be a great feature.  Perhaps in the BingMapConfig, be able to name a map, and then specify that map name when adding it to a dashboard.

Often times, different business units have different strategies, and this would allow you to map those strategies (literally).

Furthermore, is the drop down on the top left of the map supposed to only show the pins of the chosen group?  If not this would be a great feature as well so that users could interact with the map a bit.  If so, I am not certain that it is working correctly in our hosted environment.

Lastly, it would be great to have the choice in one of the configuration files to hide/show the different grids/buttons that are placed on the map.  We more than likely will not use the grid in the bottom right and it would be nice to hide it altogether.

Thank you for your work on this.

Nov 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Glad that you liked the solution. Thanks.

You can have separate maps against different config files. All you need to do is create a new xml web resource with content similar to BingMapConfig one(with different BU filters, etc. in your case). Then while adding web resource on dashboard, provide the web resource name as data parameter in web resource properties dialog.

Exact text should be the web resource name as it appears in url field. http://<server>/webresource/<text>. Only the text part of it.

It just shows the filters of the current entity selected in dropdown. If user wants to apply filter for another entity, he/she needs to first change the dropdown to that entity. It was done to keep the UI minimal and hence clean. I'm not really inclined to change this behavior, unless I hear it from few more consumers.

Agree on providing configuration points to hide/show different components of app. Will fix it shortly.

Thanks!!

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:21 AM
We can also check and see if we can create a route possibility using the map.

Ex: For today the pre-determined route that the sales rep needs to take displayed on his/her dashboard, which will easily let him know how many customer visits are scheduled for today and the route he needs to take.

Regards,
Srinivas
Jan 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Would it be possible to use an OptionSet in the FetchXML and filter based on the text value not the OptionSet value. We have used state and postal code as an OptionSet in CRM.

Thanks,
Jan 31, 2014 at 1:56 AM
Yes, should be possible as long as the filter is based on text value(no dropdown).